Planned Giving Resources
Make the Impossible Possible in One Sentence
Remember Second Baptist Church in Your Will or Living Trust
What if all you had to do to ensure that Second Baptist Church can be successful for years to come is to write a simple sentence? Sound impossible?
Securing the future of those we serve really is as simple as one sentence. By including a gift to Second Baptist Church in your will, you can support our mission tomorrow without giving away any of your assets today.
If you are ready to include a gift to Second Baptist Church in your will, contact Art Prestage at 713-365-2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get the suggested sentence to add to your will.
Including Second Baptist Church in your will is a popular gift to give because it is:
- Affordable. The actual giving of your gift occurs after your lifetime, so your current income is not affected.
- Flexible. Until your will goes into effect, you are free to alter your plans or change your mind.
- Versatile. You can give a specific item, a set amount of money or a percentage of your estate. You can also make your gift contingent upon certain events.
How a Gift in Your Will Works
Your estate planning attorney can help you structure a gift so your loved ones will be taken care of first after you’re gone. He or she will include this sentence in a new will or living trust, or add it to existing documents through an amendment called a codicil. A popular option is to leave a percentage of what is left of your estate after other beneficiaries have received their share. This way, your gift remains proportionate to the size of your estate, no matter how it fluctuates.
Is Including a Gift in Your Will Right for You?
If you answer “yes” to any of the statements below, you’re ready to write Second Baptist Church into your life’s story through your will.
- You want the opportunity to guide decisions about the future ownership of your possessions and the legacy you leave behind.
- You want to make sure your support of our work is still available after your lifetime.
- You want to balance your generosity to us with an assurance that loved ones are taken care of first.
- You want the flexibility to change your mind about your gift at any time.
How You Can Make a Difference
Every gift begins with an important question: How can I make a difference? If you have any questions about leaving a gift in your will to Second Baptist Church, please contact Art Prestage at 713-365-2332 or email@example.com.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.